The gym was nice, right next to the pool. Pretty nice for a hotel.
Once I woke up I was pretty hungry, so I looked at a local map I got from the reception area in the hotel. I noticed there was a food market very close by so I decided to go there for dinner.
I had to use the same cross walk which was out of the way, but the only way to get to the place. I had to walk a few blocks to it.
When I got there, I was a little overwhelmed. It was an outside food court, in a circle, with very small store/kitchens selling mostly asian style seafood. I'm sure I fit in well, I was still half asleep not sure what the hell to do.
I walked in and immediately had several people come up to me and try to get me to eat at their place, showing me menus and such. I couldn't understand them very well, but I asked if they took credit cards and they said no and told me "ATM on corner". I walked out and was looking around for a bank or something, didn't see anything. Then I noticed an ATM in the corner of the market so I hit that up.
After I got some Singapore dollars it was time to get after it. So I went back in and tried to pretend I wasn't going to eat just so I could walk around without having anyone pitch me their food.
I made it about half way around and a lady came up to me with a menu. I had noticed that all the menus were about the same anyways so I said OK. There was some crazy stuff like fried stingray and such, but I noticed tiger prawns, and told her that's what I wanted.
She sat me down on a picnic table like set up, and immediately the next vendor over came and asked me if I wanted a drink (his shop was beverages). I told him Tiger beer, the local Singapore beer. He brought an ice cold bottle which was big, not sure how many ounces since it was in MLs, but I would guess 32 ounces. It was great.
I also ordered fried rice with my meal, and it wasn't long before it was all brought out. The prawns were gigantic, 5 of them with butter and garlic sauce and a side of sweet sauce and chili sauce. The lady said she didn't know my preference so she brought both.
The fried rice was good, the rice was very white compared to what I have had before. There were shrimp and little pieces of crab or something. It was good, ate it all and the prawns. Had another beer too.
Pics of my food:
Pics of the market.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.